Monday, August 3, 2009

The Other Side of the Coin

When I was a child, my friends and I would often make decisions with the flip of a coin--heads you win, tails you lose. With MCS it seems that we're always looking at the negative aspects, but yesterday it occurred to me that there is a flip side of the coin, even with MCS, a heads-you-win aspect.

I was looking at the newspaper ads (something I don't usually do, for several reasons) and realized that MCS and celiac disease really simplify my life. There are SO many things that I don't even consider buying. Here's a short list (from the coupon section of yesterday's newspaper):

Old Spice body wash
Old Spice deodorant
Tide stain release
Olay wrinkle cream
Pringles
Head & Shoulders shampoo
Bounce dryer bar
Cover Girl makeup
Downy fabric softener
Dawn dishwashing liquid
Cheerios
Glade spray air freshener
Raid spray pesticide
Scrubbing Bubbles shower foamer
Shout stain remover
fantastik spray cleaner
Windex spray window cleaner

Each of these items represents a whole category of products, some of which I never purchase at all, or, in the case of others, my options are very limited. So, at least when it comes to shopping, my disabilities really do make my life easier.

No comments: